You need permission to use ALL content on this website (picture, articles, videos, etc). Just drop me a note. Thank you. :)

:)

:)

publications

publications

TEDTALK!

CONNECT WITH ME!

        

I’m a 16 year old philanthropist, environmental activist, entrepreneur, eco-designer, keynote speaker, artist, animator, coder, (I make animated short films), illustrator, and writer. Simon & Schuster author. I am the CEO of Maya's Ideas, a company I started in 2008 when I was just 8 years old. I create eco-friendly clothing and accessories. My designs are sold all over the world and I have customers in Denmark, Italy, Australia and more. I love to use my creativity to give back. 10-20% of my profits go to causes local and global charities and environmental organizations. I have been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, ABC's The View, NPR,CNN, TIME, Essence, Seventeen Magazine, The Steve Harvey Show, Entrepreneur Magazine, Redbook, FOX 5 Atlanta, Wired, Black Enterprise, Cosmopolitan Magazine, CBS This Morning with Gayle King, Ebony, TechRepublic (CBS Interactive), Atlanta Tech Edge, TakePart (Pivot Media),The Atlanta Journal Constitution, and many other publications. I've done three TEDTalks. My TEDWomen Talk has gone viral worldwide and it has over a million views and growing. I am the youngest female to do two back-to-back official TEDTalks. I spoke as a keynote at the launch of IBM Verse.

MY NON-PROFIT!

Click the logo below to donate to my nonprofit!






Friday, September 24, 2010

Meeting Michael Franti!












I went see Michael Franti and Spearhead last month and I had a great time! He is a really great singer and a really great person! I got to talk to him at the circle of friends from Dave Fm radio in Atlanta before the show. He invited me on stage and I sang with him! Plus I gave him a wrist band I made and he loved it! We also met Mara Davis from Dave Fm which was also a real honor! Mara was really nice too! Here are some photos of me and Michael and Michael Franti wearing my wrist band!

No comments:

Post a Comment