You need permission to use ALL content on this website (picture, articles, videos, etc). Just drop me a note. Thank you. :)

:)

:)

publications

publications
I am Maya Shea Penn. I live in Atlanta. I’m a 14 year old entrepreneur, philanthropist, environmental activist, designer, artist, animator (I make animated short films), illustrator, and writer. I am the CEO of Maya's Ideas, a company I started in 2008 when I was just 8 years old. I create eco-friendly clothing and accessories. I'm also really into technology! When I was about four years old my dad showed me how to take apart a computer and put it back together again, and that really started my love for technology. I've built my first website myself, and I'm learning JavaScript and HTML 5 so I'm really hands on in all aspects of my business. I have been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, Ebony, The Steve Harvey Show, Young Entrepreneur, Redbook, FOX 5 Atlanta, Black Enterprise, Etsy, The NRDC, The TOMS Shoes Blog, actress Alicia Silverstone's blog The Kind Life, Kiwi Magazine, The Michael Baisden Show, CBS Better Mornings Atlanta, and many other publications. My designs are sold all over the world and I have customers in Denmark, Italy, Australia and more. I love to use my creativity to give back to the community, and the environment and it's creatures. 10-20% of my profits go to causes that I am passionate about like: The Atlanta Community Food Bank, The Ian Somerhalder Foundation ( I’m a member of their kids division and I write articles and add content/videos to their website.). I also write a column called Ask The Expert as a contributing writer for Livethrive.org. I'm a member of the iMatter Youth Council. I'm the winner of the Black Enterprise Teenpreneur of The Year Award 2013. I am a proud member of The Pollination Project's Youth Grantmaking Advisory Board. I was honored as an entrepreneur at the 2012 SCLC Women's 33rd Annual Drum Major for Justice Awards in the Youth Category. I was honored along with actor and Humanitarian Sean Penn, Actor Samuel L. Jackson, CNN News Anchor Don Lemon, and Pulitzer Prize winner Isabel Wilkerson. I was panelist/speaker at the economic empowerment summit at Agnes Scott College that was being presented by the National Center for Civil and Human Rights for teen age girls. I also have a non-profit organization called Maya's Ideas 4 The Planet. I spoke at TEDx Youth about being an entrepreneur with a sustainable business. I was on the Little Pink Book Spring into Ownership 2013 Panel. I've been a speaker for Girls Inc. I have been featured on CNN/HLN.
Item reviews! Thank you!!! I love the dress!!! It's so beautiful, and it arrived like a present—so beautifully wrapped, too! Thank you for your special note as well.------- Just got my top in the mail today - not only is it gorgeous, but it arrived beautifully wrapped with a sweet personalized note. I'd recommend this shop to anyone - Maya, you rock!------- WOW! LOVELY packaging, fast shipping and this is a BEAUTIFUL shirt! THANK YOU! xo------- Bought as gift for my daughter, she LOVED it! and it fit her! she's so small it's hard to find clothes small enough to fit her but this was great, and she LOVED the artwork! Thanks again for the beautiful top and how lovely they were packaged, I was able to just hand her the package as it came, it already was wrapped and ready to go as as a gift! Thank you again.------- Just arrived! is much more beautiful than in pictures! i love maya's ideas! These tops are true treasures. Each piece feels so special to wear, very comfortable and just all around amazing (ESPECIALLY the black halter… the fit is perfection and so well crafted!!!). I'm a lucky gal to have found your shop. Thank you Maya!-------RECEIVED THIS TOP SOOOOOO QUICKLY!!! i mean, sooo quickly! abso-frickin-lutely GORGEOUS! looks even more beautiful in person (didn't even know that was possible). I have it on now and can't stop looking in the mirror! oooooooohhh LOVE!! To contact me: ddpenn@comcast.net
To purchase items click on pictures!

mayasideas.com

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Here's a promo video I made for the Maya's Ideas on Etsy fall collection!
video

No comments:

Post a Comment