Oprah Winfrey and Me (I was chosen as one of her Supersoul 100!!)

Oprah Winfrey and Me (I was chosen as one of her Supersoul 100!!)

:)

:)

publications

publications

TEDTALK!

Maya Penn is a 21 year old award-winning eco-designer, artist, philanthropist, activist, entrepreneur, animated filmmaker, coder, illustrator, writer and author of You Got This! She has been featured in countless publications such as Forbes, Huffington Post, Seventeen Magazine, Cosmopolitan, The View, NPR,CNN, TIME, Essence Magazine, CBS This Morning with Gayle King, O Magazine, The Steve Harvey Show, Entrepreneur Magazine, Ebony, Black Enterprise, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, and many, many more. Maya has given three TEDTalks and her latest TEDWomen Talk has gone viral worldwide and with almost 2 million views and growing. She is known as the youngest female to do two back-to-back official TEDTalks. Maya has been chosen by Oprah Winfrey as one of her Supersoul 100 influencers. Google has partnered with Maya to speak to girls about coding and computer science at their Made With Code events. Magic Johnson chose Maya to be featured in his 32 Under 32 article series.


Monday, November 28, 2011

2011 Metro Atlanta Kids Recycle Day!

Recently I went to the Metro Atlanta Kids Recycle Day event hosted by Livethrive! I met Peggy Whitlow Ratcliffe Executive Director of Livethrive, Debbie Smith creator of the Idbids, and Rocky Kistner Communications Associate of NRDC. When I first saw the event promo I knew I had to get myself as well as other kids involved. I was curious how they recycled the items, so I contacted Peggy through e-mail. She explained to me the process that they go through to recycle. I thought it was so great that they were doing this, so I decided to go around my neighborhood and put up flyers promoting the event! I wrote down a few questions to interview Peggy, to help kids understand more about recycling. Peggy and Debbie were so helpful and nice and they had great answers!


My interview with Peggy!
This is a video of me putting flyers in my neighborhood


 Me and Peggy
 Me and Debbie
 Me and Rocky Kistner Communications Associate of NRDC

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that you did your part in creating awareness about recycling.

    ReplyDelete