Oprah Winfrey and Me (I was chosen as one of her Supersoul 100!!)

Oprah Winfrey and Me (I was chosen as one of her Supersoul 100!!)

:)

:)

publications

publications

TEDTALK!

Maya Penn is a 21 year old award-winning eco-designer, artist, philanthropist, activist, entrepreneur, animated filmmaker, coder, illustrator, writer and author of You Got This! She has been featured in countless publications such as Forbes, Huffington Post, Seventeen Magazine, Cosmopolitan, The View, NPR,CNN, TIME, Essence Magazine, CBS This Morning with Gayle King, O Magazine, The Steve Harvey Show, Entrepreneur Magazine, Ebony, Black Enterprise, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, and many, many more. Maya has given three TEDTalks and her latest TEDWomen Talk has gone viral worldwide and with almost 2 million views and growing. She is known as the youngest female to do two back-to-back official TEDTalks. Maya has been chosen by Oprah Winfrey as one of her Supersoul 100 influencers. Google has partnered with Maya to speak to girls about coding and computer science at their Made With Code events. Magic Johnson chose Maya to be featured in his 32 Under 32 article series.


Friday, September 16, 2011

So long summer...( Part 1 )

It's been a long and exciting summer, filled with friends, field trips, food, and fun. The holiday season is right around the corner but be for we get to caught up in that let's take a look back on some of the fun me and my family had this summer...


To start things off we went to a little city called Charleston in South Carolina. I had so much fun there...and I certainly want to live there when I grow up and move out. First we went to a restaurant named "Hank's Sea Food Restaurant." 
It may not look like much on the outside but believe me the food inside is FABULOUS!
You simply MUST try the she-crab soup! I recommend it!
The next day we headed to a restaurant called "Bubba Gump". But hang on. On the way there I happened to meet a well...un-likely character. Some where between our hotel and Bubba Gump we met a pirate! Yes a pirate! Now this pirate was giving information on a tour about pirates! He told us lot's of facts about pirates that were very fascinating! Now on to Bubba Gump. They had some really good food there and I know I would definitely recommend it!
I got my fish and chips in a little boat! Isn't that nice? =)



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment